The Arc Greater Twin Cities knowledge and expertise is a resource for church groups, business groups, schools, senior centers, civic groups, service organizations, professional associations, provider organizations.
Learn about the different programs The Arc GTC offers from staff and people who have received support that can speak from experience. We hope to help our community learn more about the issues related to people with disabilities so they can achieve more independent lives.
The Arc Greater Twin Cities trainings and presentations have included:
- The Arc Overview
- Walk through the IEP (Individualized Education Program)
- Person-centered Planning
- Invite an Advocate – informal conversation-based presentations on programs & services
- Realize Your Power: Prepare, Practice and Participate in Public Policy – civic engagement training for parents, self-advocates and siblings
- It’s Your Choice, Find Your Voice – for self-advocates to learn about healthy relationships, keeping safe and advocating for themselves
- Girl Talk/Guy Talk – addresses healthy boundaries in relationships
- Preparing for Guardianship
The Arc Greater Twin Cities will work with you to customize a training that fits the needs of your organization, business or community. Please call The Arc at 952-920-0855 for information and pricing.
To view The Arc Greater Twin Cities training catalogue, click here.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
For more information, please submit your question to Ask an Advocate or call The Arc Greater Twin Cities at 952-920-0855.