Virtual events are an accessible way for people across the state to join in on important conversations and community gatherings. The Arc Minnesota is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants, attendees, speakers, volunteers, and staff. This Policy applies to all events hosted by The Arc Minnesota, including those sponsored by organizations other than The Arc Minnesota but held in partnership with The Arc Minnesota events, on public or private platforms.
We have a zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment, or other unacceptable behavior.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal or written abuse of any participant including attendees, speakers, volunteers, partners, or staff members.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, sexual harassment, or threatening or stalking.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions and events. All participants must follow the instructions of the moderator and any virtual event staff.
- Disruptions include, but are not limited to: excessive use of the hand raising feature to interrupt the event, spamming messages in the chat, verbally interrupting speakers, inappropriate images, etc.
- Postings and messages that contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services.
- Taking screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
The Arc Minnesota reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. Additionally, The Arc Minnesota reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
If you attend an event where you experience or know of any unacceptable behavior, please reach out to the meeting host so that we can take appropriate action.