Having a healthy relationship is the most important thing when participating in a relationship. Learning how to start a relationship with respect and safety in mind, and learning how to continue that relationship safely and respectfully is important.
Here are some tops and tools for you:
- I have made a new friend online, but I am worried—What do I do? (English-PDF)
- Online dating tips for people with disabilities (English-PDF)
- Tips for downloading apps (English-PDF)
- Defining healthy relationships
- 10 signs of a healthy vs unhealthy relationship
- Sex Ed for people with IDD – Consent (Youtube)
- What does a healthy relationship look like?
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health created a series of videos called RESPECTfully. RESPECTfully videos cover having a health relationships, and the different parts of that.
Relationships don’t automatically mean a romantic relationship. Friends and family are also people you have relationships with. It’s important to learn how to have healthy relationships with all of the people in your life.