The Arc Minnesota is committed to staying in contact and keeping you up to date on our response plan for COVID-19. First and foremost, please know that your health and safety is paramount to us. We want to be a strong community partner and ensure a social responsibility to use the best practices and guidance available to keep our staff and our communities as safe and healthy as possible.
To that end, we would like to inform you that The Arc Minnesota’s program offices will be closed starting tomorrow, March 18, through Monday, May 4. During this time, all Arc staff will be tele-commuting. At this time we expect that most services provided by The Arc Minnesota will continue remotely without interruption.
Our core program services that will continue remotely are as follows:
- Information, Assistance & Advocacy: phone calls and ask-an-advocate e-mails will be answered and responded to as usual
- Housing Access Services & Housing Coordination Services
- Planning services (via digital meetings and phone calls)
- Master Pool Trust
- Regional Quality Council work (not including in-person interviews)
- Public Policy activities; in line with state/legislative guidance
- Development activities
The following services will not be available during this time:
- Community group activities, events and trainings
- In-person/group Self Advocacy Minnesota (SAM) Grant activities
- In-person/group self-advocacy activities
- In-person Service Quality Council interviews
- In-person and initial Planning Services
- In-person 1:1 advocacy meetings
Additionally, per guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Governor Walz, all Arc’s Value Village locations will be closed for business starting today at 5:00 PM, through May 1. This was not an easy decision, but one that we felt was necessary to combat the spread of COVID-19.
If you have questions about any of these updates call us at 833.450.1494, email us at email@example.com or fill out our Ask An Advocate form online. We will try to respond to your message as soon as possible.
We are continuing to follow state and federal guidelines in an effort to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are doing everything we can to put our resources towards supporting members of our community during this public health situation.
We appreciate your patience and support during these uniquely challenging times. We will continue to evaluate the situation and provided updates via email, our social media accounts and our website.
Chief Executive Officer
The Arc Minnesota