The Arc Minnesota Mission
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
Together, We Are Now The Arc Minnesota
On January 1, 2018, chapters of The Arc across Minnesota merged as one organization to provide consistent and essential services to support more people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
The Arc Minnesota’s services throughout the state include:
- Access to a toll-free information and assistance phone number
- “Ask An Advocate” online with responses typically within one business day
- Opportunities to participate in online and in-person training events
- A statewide Public Policy platform with grassroots engagement
Find out about all programs and services provided by The Arc Minnesota by clicking here.
Learn more and get involved at arcminnesota.org or call us toll-free at 833.450.1494.
Read more about The Arc Minnesota merger by clicking on the links below:
Who We Support
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families trust The Arc for information, assistance, education and training. Disabilities may include autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, fragile X, Williams syndrome, and other disabilities.
Intellectual disability is a disability that occurs before age 18. People with this disability experience significant limitations in two main areas: intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. These limitations are expressed in the person’s conceptual, social and practical everyday living skills. A number of people with intellectual disability are mildly affected, making the disability difficult to recognize. Intellectual disability is diagnosed through the use of standardized tests of intelligence and adaptive behavior.
We value each person.
- Every person has unique strengths and deserves a chance to use them.
- We welcome each person.
- We treat each person with fairness and respect.
- We believe trust is freely given, not earned.
We are connectors.
- We serve as ambassadors and change the world through our collaboration.
- We unite people to build relationships and generate opportunities.
- Our work and advocacy is life changing and we move communities forward.
- We believe in and practice teamwork.
We are courageous.
- Our work requires that we always speak the truth to protect human rights.
- Our beliefs inspire us to go above what is accepted.
- We welcome change as progress and opportunity.
- Fear of failure doesn’t stop us.
- We are tenacious and overcome obstacles.
We are accountable.
- Integrity, discipline, and quality define our work.
- We are personally responsible for our goals, actions and to deliver results.
- We are resilient and will stay the course in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- We are consistent active, and engaged contributors.
The Arc Minnesota leadership includes a Board of Directors and a staff leadership team. The 2018-19 Board was elected at the May 5, 2018 Annual Meeting of The Arc Minnesota.
The Arc Minnesota Standard Terms and Conditions for Affiliation. Click here.
Bylaws of The Arc Minnesota. Click here.
The Arc Minnesota Strategic Plan
Our vision is to pursue lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life. The Arc Minnesota develop a new Strategic Plan for the new statewide organization following the appointment of the Board of Directors on May 5, 2018. To view the Statewide Strategic Vision for The Arc Minnesota, click here.
The Arc Minnesota operates on an annual budget of more than $4 million. 2018 financial information for the merged statewide organization will be available following the The Arc Minnesota Annual Meeting in May, 2019. Individual Region financial information for 2017 will be available on Region pages here. Historical information is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the first gathering of concerned parents in Minneapolis in 1946, the structure and name of The Arc in Minnesota has changed, but our fierce commitment to improving the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families has not. The Arc Minnesota is a member of The Arc of the United States. Read the history of The Arc in the United States.
By joining The Arc, you are part of the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Individual, household and organizational memberships are available. Join or renew now! Click here
The Arc’s statewide and national position statements address critical issues related to rights, treatment, services and programs for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
Frequently Asked Questions about The Arc
Is it The Arc or The ARC? What is meant by “People First” language? What is an intellectual disability? Find answers to many frequently asked questions. Click here.
The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave West Suite 110
St Paul MN 55114