Financial Security for the Future

The Arc Minnesota is no longer enrolling new Master Pooled Trust clients.

For information about trust options, you can contact: Lutheran Social Service at 888-806-6844

If your assets are less than $15,000, you can also think about starting an ABLE account, and find information at

When Can You Set Up a Master Pooled Trust?

Now — By a parent or other family member who wants to provide funds to benefit their loved one with a disability. It can be funded now or in the future from an insurance policy, an estate, or other sources.

Anytime — When a person with a disability receives a windfall of money, such as a Social Security back payment, an inheritance, or an insurance or court settlement. Putting this money in The Arc Minnesota’s Master Pooled Trust shelters the funds to use later, while not jeopardizing their benefits.


Why Choose The Arc Minnesota Master Pooled Trust?

Expertise & Skills — The Arc Minnesota is a known and trusted organization with a 60-year history of helping people with disabilities. We know the trust laws and governmental reporting requirements, and how to best serve the needs of people with disabilities.

Affordability — The Arc Minnesota Master Pooled Trust was designed with lower fees and minimum deposits than other alternatives.

Safety — The Arc Minnesota is insured, and our investments are managed by Associated Trust Co.


See Details of the Master Pooled Trust

The funds in The Arc Minnesota Master Pooled Trust are invested and managed by Associated Trust Co.

Who Can Participate in the Trust?

To participate, the beneficiary of the trust must have a certified disability of any type and must live in Minnesota. We serve people throughout the state.


Types of Trusts

The Arc Minnesota Master Pooled Trust offers two types of trusts:

1st Party Special Needs Trust — Established with the beneficiary’s own funds.  Common sources include inheritance, back payment of benefits, or court settlement.

3rd Party Supplemental Needs Trust — Trust is funded with money other than funds belonging to the beneficiary.  For families looking to plan for the future of a loved one


Get Started

Complete the legal documents to set up a trust:

Questions? Call The Arc Minnesota at 833.450.1494.

How Do I Get More Information?

For more information, call The Arc at 952.920.0855 or toll-free at 833.450.1494, or submit your question to Ask An Advocate.