Ask An Advocate Q&A |

Ask An Advocate: Minnesota Microgrant Partnership

Q: My 18 year-old son with a disability is interested in photography as a future employment option. He is studying photography at a community college. Right now he uses his phone camera to complete assignments. Do you know of any resources to help him get a camera for school and help him as he builds skills for future employment?


A: The Minnesota Microgrant Partnership may be able to help him buy the camera and other items he may need for class. Money is available for adults on a waiver or youth 16+ whose IEP has them spending most of the day with students with disabilities. Requests for funds must connect to an individual’s goals around competitive employment, accessible housing or community integration. He can apply here. For more information about microgrants, call us at 952-920-0855.