Ask An Advocate Q&A |

Ask An Advocate: Housing Access

Q: I am a person with a disability. I just found my first apartment and am so excited to move but I didn’t realize how much money it costs to move. Are there any services to help me?

A: Congratulations on your first apartment! The Arc Minnesota has a Housing Access Services (HAS) program that can provide some funding for a security deposit or moving expenses. To be eligible, you must have a disability and be on Medical Assistance (MA). You also need to be eligible for a home care service such as Personal Care Assistance (PCA), ARMHS, SILS, private duty nursing, the elderly waiver or the alternative care waiver.

For more information, please call us at 952.920.0855 or contact us through Ask An Advocate.