Ask An Advocate Q&A |

Ask an Advocate: Additional Services from School


My son is 11 and has Down Syndrome. He gets special education services from our local school. I am wondering if there are any other services that may be available to him and our family? 



Our Arc guides are a good a place to begin to learn about services and supports. They explain a topic, service or program in clear, easily understood language. The Arc Minnesota has Arc guides available on topics related to special education, human services, employment, health care, and other topics. You can view our Arc Guides here: and call us with questions at 952-920-0855 or 833.450.1494.