The Arc Minnesota Leader Awards were presented at the organization’s Annual Meeting in St. Paul on May 11, 2019. These awards recognizes 9 individuals and organizations for exceptional service to The Arc’s mission.
Each person and organization demonstrated a commitment to furthering The Arc mission by promoting and protecting the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The awards were presented by Board Member Tom Judd, CEO Andrea Zuber, and Human Resources Director Dustin Smith of The Arc Minnesota. The Arc Leadership Award recipients included:
• Arc’s Value Village Volunteer of the Year – Alice McMartin, New Hope
• Arc’s Value Village Partner of the Year – Seasonal Specialties, Eden Prairie
• Intern Leader Award – Carolina De La Rosa Mateo, Minneapolis
• Intern Leader Award – Claire Pledl, Minneapolis
• Public Policy Leader – Maren Christenson, Minneapolis
• Organization Mission Leader Award – Dominium, Plymouth
• Individual Mission Leader Award – Val Koster, Rochester
• Self- Advocacy Leader Award – Daniel Hood, St. Paul
• Lifetime Leader Award – Nathan Scott, Sherburne