Advocacy Resources for State Legislature’s Recess
Contact your state legislators on three of our top priority issues! Urge them to:
** Support enhanced funding for personal care assistance for people with high needs.
** Stop the 7% cut to home and community-based services.
** Oppose work requirements for Medical Assistance recipients.
Our one-page sheet has messages and talking points to use when you connect with your legislators. The resources below provide additional information on each issue. Thanks in advance for your advocacy!
Enhanced PCA Funding for People with High Needs
- Fact Sheet on the Need for Enhanced PCA Funding
Stop the 7% Cut to Home and Community-Based Services
- Online Resources About the 7% Cut
Medical Assistance (MA) Work Requirements
- Fact Sheet on Impact of MA Work Requirements
- Testimony from The Arc Minnesota, a Parent, and a Medical Professional
- Op-ed by The Arc of the U.S. on the Harm to People with Disabilities
Other State Policy Resources:
Fact Sheets on 2018 Legislative Priorities
- Bonding Funds for Affordable Housing
- HCBS Innovation Pool
- Best Life Alliance Proposals Addressing Direct Care Workforce Crisis
- Consumer-Directed Community Supports
State Agencies and State Legislative Websites:
Minnesota House of Representatives website http://www.house.mn
Minnesota House of Representatives listing: http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/hmem.asp
Minnesota Senate http://www.senate.mn/members
Minnesota Senators list: http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/hmem.asp