Check out activities, resources and tips to put self-advocacy into action! Download a PDF version of this guide here.
- Health and wellness means different things to different people. What does it mean to you?
Health and Wellness Challenge
Are you ready for more health and wellness in 2023? Take on the January 2023 Health and Wellness Challenge! Check in with your peers in a month to find out how it went!
Food and Nutrition
The food and drinks we choose impact our health and wellness. Check out Arc Cooks for recipes, videos, and more.
What are things to consider when making choices about nutrition?
Breathe In, Breathe Out
Life can be stressful! What does self-care mean and why is it important? Ty out these activities for more self-care:
- Guided Meditation Video from Madhatter Wellness
- Meditation and Stretching with Nate Clark
- Mindfulness Journal
- Chair Yoga
Let’s Get Active
Check out ways to get moving in 2023!
- Hope Adaptive Sports and Recreation
- Minnesota State Parks All-Terrain Track Chairs
- AccessABLE Recreation
- The Miracle League
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Adaptive Sports & Rec
The Arc Minnesota’s 2023 Legislative Agenda & Social Determinants of Health
The Arc Minnesota’s 2023 legislative agenda focuses on the social determinants of health. Learn more about social determinants of health by reviewing the 2023 legislative agenda.
Additional Resources to Explore
- 10 Body Positive Advocates with Disabilities you Should Follow on Instagram
- The Trauma Stewardship Free Resources
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability
- Adaptive Wellness from Disability Partnerships
- Moorhead Community Education – New Year, New You!
- Mad Hatter Wellness
- Recreation, Sports, and Camps List from PACER Center
- The Accessible Chef