This free training aims to improve LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi–Sexual, Transgender, Queer +) awareness within workplaces and communities.
The three–hour training objectives include:
• Explore the dimensions of gender.
• Recognize ways gender and sexuality can create barriers for people.
• Understand LGBTQ+ related vocabulary, including the language preferred for use.
• Learn ways to reduce homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism.
• Discover opportunities for becoming an ally and creating safe spaces.
• Review recent data in MN and across the US impacting the LGBTQ+ community.
• Identify LGBTQ+ resources.
This training is being sponsored by The Arc Minnesota. ASL and CART will be provided. For additional access needs or accommodation requests please contact, Anne Redetzke at email@example.com
For more information contact: Angel Hight, RN, BSN Phone: 320–251–2700, ext. 76333; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by CentraCare Community Health, connecting people to needed community resources so they can experience healthier ways to live, learn, work, and play.
You must register on Eventbrite.com