Join self-advocates from The Arc Minnesota to discuss topics that impact the lives and communities of self-advocates and people with disabilities. This meeting is for self-advocates and people with disabilities. It is on Wednesday, September 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm.
If you need accommodations, please contact Angie Guenther at AngieGuenther@arcminnesota.org. If you would like a Zoom 101 class, email AngieGuenther@arcminnesota.org by Wednesday, August 26.
Facilitated by: Nate Clark, self-advocate from Southwest Minnesota
- Welcome and introductions (5 – 5:10pm)
- Ask for emails in the chat for sending the notes and communication
- Small Group Discussions (5:10 – 5:25)
- Rights and COVID-19
- Have your rights been impacted by COVID-19?
- Which rights have been impacted? How have they been impacted?
- Services and COVID-19
- Have your services been impacted by COVID-19?
- Which services have been impacted? How have they been impacted?
- Large Group Share Out (5:25-5:35)
- Large Group Discussion – Review and discuss “Your home and community-based services and your rights during the COVID-19 pandemic” (5:45-6:40)
- How easy is it to understand the content in this FAQ?
- How useful was the information in the FAQ to help you understand your rights or your family/friends’ rights?
- Is there anything else about your rights during the Covid-19 pandemic that you would like to know that was not addressed in the FAQs?
- Meditation and Relaxation Led by Nate (6:40-6:55)
- Closing (6:55 – 7pm)
- Get topic suggestions for next meeting
- Poll about experience
- Thanks for coming!
Next Calling All Self-Advocates Statewide Meeting: Wednesday, November 4 from 5-7pm