Ask An Advocate Q&A |

Ask An Advocate: How Can You Help Me?

Q. I have an 8 year old son with cerebral palsy. I have recently heard about The Arc Minnesota. What do you do? How can you help me?

A. Thanks for contacting us. The Arc Minnesota is a statewide advocacy organization for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). We provide assistance across the life span. Arc advocates can provide you with information and assistance in navigating services and supports that may be available for your son including special education, county social services, Medical Assistance, governmental benefits, etc. We have a variety of Arc guides that provide a brief overview on a specific subject, service or program available for individuals with IDD. The Arc guides are available at You can also call an advocate for more information and specific information on you situation. You can reach us be phone at 952.920.0855 or toll free at 833.450.1494 or by email at We look forward to hearing from you.